To complete the prescreening process in the electronic Name and Address Identification Number (NAID) Application Portal, Principal Brokers must:
- Go to the HUD HomeStore website at: http://www.hudhomestore.com:
- Click the NAID Application Portal tab on the gray menu bar on top of the page;
- Click the “Here” link inside the message bubble to access the NAID Application Portal;
- Click the “Here” link inside the message bubble to open the NAID Application Portal;
- Click on Apply for a new NAID;
- For “Vendor Type” select SELLING BROKER;
- Enter the requested information in the Register for Access to NAID Application Portal
- Indicate if registering as an Individual (using your Social Security Number, or as a Business (using an Employer Identification Number (EIN));
- If a Preparer, on behalf of the Principal Broker, is completing the registration, the Preparer must enter its information as well as the Principal Brokers';
- In addition to entering the Broker’s License information, a copy of the Principal Broker’s Real Estate License must be uploaded;
- Complete the Registration form, click the “I’m not a robot” button and then click Register;
- Verify the entered information and click OK;
- You will receive a message if your registration is successful or if your registration needs to be verified by HUD.
- The Broker should click on the link “Here” in the body of the email to access the Create NAID Portal Login screen.
- After creating a username, password and security questions, click Submit and you will automatically be logged into the Portal.
- Click on Add New Payee (Add New NAID Application) and complete the required information (highlighted in blue).
If the Principal Broker’s request is not approved in the prescreening process, the applicant will receive an email with the reason(s) for denial.
Use of the Google Chrome browser is strongly recommended when accessing the NAID Application Portal.
A copy of the NAID-Add New Payee and Add New NAID to Existing Payee User Guide for Principal Brokers containing detailed instruction on using the NAID Application Portal are provided at: https://www.hudhomestore.com/ListingSiteFAQ.htm for your reference.
The applicant may send a request by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the FHA Resource Center at: 1-800-225-5342 for clarification.
Real Estate Broker NAID policy is in Handbook 4000.1 I.B.5.b. and I.B.5.c. at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh