Real Estate Brokers wishing to represent buyers in sales transactions of HUD Real Estate Owned (REO) Properties must have an active Name and Address Identification Number (NAID) issued by HUD. All agents conducting business in that Real Estate Broker’s office may use the Broker’s active NAID. For brokerages with several offices, each with a different real estate broker, each office may apply for a separate NAID.
To complete the registration process to access the electronic Name and Address Identification Number (NAID) Application Portal, Principal Brokers who already have a NAID must:
- Go to the HUD HomeStore website at: http://www.hudhomestore.com;
- Click the NAID Application Portal tab on the gray menu bar on top of the page;
- Click the “HERE” link inside the message bubble to access the NAID Application Portal;
- Click on: Recertify NAID, update Broker Real Estate License or modify address;
- In the NAID Application Portal click on “I have not previously registered”;
- On the Register for Access to NAID Application Portal, enter your NAID and Submit;
- If you do not recall your NAID, use the “click here” link to search for your ID;
- After you identify your NAID you will be returned to the NAID Application Portal screen (Step 4);
- Complete the registration form, click the “I’m not a robot” button and click the Register button.
- Verify the entered information and click OK.
- NOTE: To Register a username and password in the NAID Application Portal, you must use the email address from the Broker’s HUD HomeStore profile.
- You will receive a message if your registration is successful or if your registration needs to be verified by HUD.
If the Principal Broker’s request is approved in the prescreening process, the applicant will receive an email invitation to create a login account on the NAID Application Portal.
- The Broker should click on the link “HERE” in the body of the email to access the Create NAID Portal Login screen.
- After creating a username, password and security questions, click on Submit and you will be automatically logged into the Portal.
If the Principal Broker’s request is not approved in the prescreening process, the applicant will receive an email with the reason(s) for denial.
Use of the Google Chrome browser is strongly recommended when accessing the NAID Application Portal.
A copy of the NAID-Add New Payee and Add New NAID to Existing Payee User Guide for Principal Brokers containing detailed instruction on completing the prescreening process, how to register and apply for a new NAID using the NAID Application Portal are provided at: https://www.hudhomestore.com/ListingSiteFAQ.htm for your reference.
The applicant may send a request by email to: email@example.com or call the FHA Resource Center at: 1-800-225-5342 for clarification.
Real Estate Broker NAID policy is in Handbook 4000.1 I.B.5.b. and I.B.5.c. at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh